The privacy of our clients is important to us.
We believe it is important to protect the privacy of our customers. We know that you care about how your personal information is collected, updated, used and shared; and we want to help you make knowledgeable choices about the information you provide to us.
The Protection of Personal Information Act, No 4 of 2013 promotes the protection of personal information by public and private bodies, and this act applies to , and binds all people and companies who interact with our company.
• and protects your personal information as you interact with us online and through our customer and technical support services.
This policy explains:
• What information www.itworx.co.za gathers from you.• How www.itworx.co.za uses the personal information you share with us and that we learn about you because of our relationship.• How www.itworx.co.za uses “cookies” and “IP Addresses”.• What personal information, if any, www.itworx.co.za may share about you and the conditions we use to protect your information if it must be shared.• What kind of security measures www.itworx.co.za takes to protect your information from accidental loss or disclosure and how www.itworx.co.za will inform you in the event of a security breach.• The circumstances under which you can access personal information you share with www.itworx.co.za and have that information corrected, restrict www.itworx.co.za’s use of that information or, even have it removed from our records.• Other things you should know about privacy and www.itworx.co.za.COLLECTED INFORMATION AND USAGE
www.itworx.co.za collects and uses information you provide to us including information obtained from your use of this web site. We are not in the business of selling information about you. www.itworx.co.za does not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We may use or share your personal information (e.g., name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) where it is necessary for us to complete a transaction or do something that you have asked us to do.• For example, we might need to provide your name, address, phone number or email to one of our vendors so that they can process and fulfill your product return or replacement.
• We might also refer your personal information to another manufacturer so that they can provide you with technical assistance you request for their product which you may be using in conjunction with one of our products.
• www.itworx.co.za employees, agents and service providers who need to access personal information you have provided to fulfil their responsibilities may do so consistent with www.itworx.co.za policies that limit access to this type of information.www.itworx.co.za’s vendors and suppliers may process your personal data under the direction and control of www.itworx.co.za. Whenever we may need to share your personal information, we try to provide you with the information you need to make informed reasonable choices and we manage your information consistent with applicable privacy law.www.itworx.co.za collects and uses personal information from you in several ways:
• Web Site Usage. www.itworx.co.za vendors and suppliers, may observe your activities, preferences, and transactional data (such as your IP address and browser type) as well as pages you have viewed during your use of this web site. While we may collect or log this information, we do not identify you or match this non-personal information with your other personal information. We may use this collected or logged information to diagnose web site technical problems, or to facilitate your use of the site. www.itworx.co.za, or one of our vendors or suppliers, also may use this information to track aggregate traffic patterns throughout this web site.
You are also invited to share other personal information about yourself through what is known as a “record.” When you register your purchase with us and create a record, you are given control over and access to the personal information you provide in your record. We contract with a vendor to manage personal information you provide relating to product registration. Your record enables you to control what we know about you and lets you decide how and when we can communicate with you. Our vendor only processes your personal information as directed by www.itworx.co.za.
• Optional Personal Information and Product Registration. Some information or data you may place in your record is not required to register your products. Where completion of data fields in your record is required, these fields will be marked with an asterisk. Where you provide optional information, such as information about your interests and hobbies, www.itworx.co.za only uses this information on an aggregate basis to enable us to better understand our customers, develop new products, and improve our products and services.
Failure to register your product may diminish the rights you have under the product warranty.
• Cookies. To the extent web site usage information is developed in connection with your IP address through session cookies, we will only use this information to facilitate your use of the www.itworx.co.za web site. Cookies are data files that are written onto your computer by a web site. At the end of your visit, the session cookies are removed.
• You may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to refuse receiving it, or, other www.itworx.co.za vendor or service provider. You should be aware that this may interfere with or make you unable to use certain functionality on web sites using cookies. For example, many web sites will ask your permission to use a cookie that will enable you to automatically log on to the web site. Disabling or removing cookies may require you to manually log on each time you wish to visit that web site. You may also delete cookies from your computer through your browser.
• Children. If under the relevant laws of the place where you are visiting this web site you are considered a minor (usually if you are under age 18), or otherwise would be required to have parent or guardian consent to share information with www.itworx.co.za, you should not send any information about yourself to us. For example, if you are a resident of South Africa you should not submit information to www.itworx.co.za unless you are at least 18 years old. If a person under 18 submits information through any part of the www.itworx.co.za web site, and we learn the person submitting the information is a child, we will attempt to delete this information as soon as possible. Because we do not knowingly collect any personal information from persons under 18, we do not use or disclose such information to third parties.
• Public Areas. Any information disclosed in public areas of the www.itworx.co.za web site will become public information. We cannot control the use of information disclosed in public forums, such as bulletin boards, blogs and chat rooms. You should exercise caution when disclosing information in these public areas and should refrain from disclosing your personal information. Content posted in public areas of the www.itworx.co.za web site, including advice and opinions, represents the views and is the responsibility of those who post the content. www.itworx.co.za does not necessarily endorse, support, verify or agree with the content posted. If you have any questions or comments about any content on the www.itworx.co.za web site email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN WE MAY SHARE COLLECTED INFORMATION
As mentioned in the beginning of this policy, www.itworx.co.za may share your personal information within the www.itworx.co.za group to fulfill its obligations to you and operate its business consistent with this policy and applicable data protection law. www.itworx.co.za may also share your personal information with third parties in the following situations.
• Vendors and Suppliers. www.itworx.co.za works with vendors and suppliers to provide technical and customer support, shipping, product fulfillment or other services. We require these vendors and suppliers to safeguard personal information you provide to us. To the extent it is necessary for these service providers to complete their contractual obligations to us; these third parties may have access to or process your personal information. We limit their use of your personal information to the purpose for which it was shared. We may sometimes permit our authorized service providers to have access to aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and related site information. These transfers of aggregate statistics do not involve personal data.
• Mergers, Acquisitions and Insolvency. If we should ever file for bankruptcy or merge with another company, or if our business should decide to buy, sell or reorganize some part or all of its business, the business may be required to disclose your personal information, including information you have allowed us to see or use in your record, to prospective or actual purchasers or receive personal information from sellers. It is our practice to seek appropriate protection for information disclosed or received in these types of transactions consistent with applicable data protection law.
• As Required by Law and Other Extraordinary Disclosures cc may be required to disclose your personal information: (i) if it believes it is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, etc.) or other legal requirements of any governmental authority, (ii) would potentially mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit, (iii) is otherwise necessary to protect our rights or property, or (iv) is necessary to protect the legal rights or property of others.
SPECIAL NOTICE TO INTERNATIONAL VISITORS AND CUSTOMERS
Because we operate within South Africa but some of our web site links offer products by other vendors globally, where our visitors make use of links to external website we accept no responsibility regarding your privacy as this is beyond our control.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from South African law, including those whose privacy laws may be more strict than South African law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to South Africa. By providing your personal data you consent to that transfer.
STORAGE AND PERIOD OF HOLDING FOR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unless otherwise requested by you, www.itworx.co.za will continue to keep the personal information you provided to us. If the reason for collecting your personal information no longer exists, we will delete the personal information at the appropriate required time if legally required by relevant applicable data protection law.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems.
If www.itworx.co.za learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this web site or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this site. www.itworx.co.za may post a notice on our web site if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the www.itworx.co.za.com web site. www.itworx.co.za may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at email@example.com.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES AND CO-BRANDED WEB SITES
This web site may contain links to third-party sites, however, please be aware that www.itworx.co.za is not responsible for and cannot control the privacy practices of these other sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies for these other sites, as they may differ from ours.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY BY WWW.ITWORX.CO.ZA
When you provide www.itworx.co.za with personal information, if you allow us, we may communicate with you by the method you choose about topics of your choosing. www.itworx.co.za seeks your consent to receive marketing communications from us when you provide your personal information.
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, MAKING CHANGES OR REQUESTING DELETION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may at all times object or restrict www.itworx.co.za’s use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You may also request access to, correction of or deletion of personal data. For instructions on changing any of your privacy preferences, accessing your information or for any privacy or data protection related question or concern click here for assistance.
Generally, when we contact you, we will try to provide you with an easy and convenient way to notify us if you would not like further similar communications.
Copyright © 2001-2023, ITWorx.co.za All Rights Reserved.